Sunday 11 August 2013

Another signing with Yuu

Well hey all two posts in two days, look who's spoiling you now!  Yes I am still sunburnt and itchy so not exactly hot for staring into the camera in this state so for now, my scribbling is going to have to suffice.  Yesterday was a really cool day, started out by dealing with my last blog and then heading into Akihabara.

Before I talk about that one thing I can't believe I forgot to put in my idol nation blog was another amazing thing I came close to whilst there, as part of the concourse where the food and merch were sold, was this!


Yeah now that's what I'm talking about!  The rides from Initial D.  Only reason I can put for not including them is that I was too high on Kikka energy to think about much else!  But yes they were really cool to see in person and if you haven't seen Initial D, stop reading and do so now!

But anyway, back on to yesterday.  In Akiba, they did something I haven't seen before which was shut the central road of the area!  This meant alot of heavy foot-traffic and was interesting.  We also had the Akiba go karts doing their rounds, including someone dressed as Luigi from Mario Kart!  Unfortunately the guy got too into the game and shot by before I could get the chance for a Photograph, shame!  Inspired by the speed though I hit the arcade in Akiba to do some outrun 2 SP.  Love that game and even though I ddin't make the scoreboard, I still had a blast!

Around 2pm I hit the train to Yokohama as yesterday was another signing with Kikka-sama, this time at the much more common time of 5pm.  Still I ended up getting there early and had the chance to scout the place out.  Thinking it best to find the venue first I used the subway to get to Minato-Mirai and in the subway was some unexpected attractions.



You just gotta love this country, picture the scene, it is 5pm, everyone is rushing back towards Tokyo to get home...  And they all stop to gawp at the gundam and the anime girl haha!  Absolutely superb!  I believe this is Macross but do not quote me on that, anime is no longer my biggest forte when it comes to all things Japanese!

Once I moved on from here I ended up literally crossing the road and there was a Tustaya, just to be sure I hadn't got the wrong branch of the chain, I asked the attendants if the event was there and got advised it was.  Before I ventured outside though I couldn't help but notice this piece of furniture.



Damn cool if you ask me!  After taking the photo, I found myself with about an hour of waiting, in very hot conditions.  So I ventured to a local cafe with the idea of something like an iced coffee to cool me down...


Until I saw that!  Yup, sold, I'll have one, hell. I'll have a hundred!  This beast was mainly shaved ice with strawberry sauce, pieces of real strawberry topped with classic ice cream.  It was lush!  Really cooling, tasty and filling, so colossal win win for me.  Having devoured that thing it was about 4:15 so I ventured back to Tsutaya where the staff members had started selling copies of the album that you could get signed.  Having already had the limited edition signed, I settled for the regular one to complete the set!


So woo hoo!  Signed album gets!  Before this I was waiting about and Kikka2525 came over to say hi, I advised I was going through once,  Kikka2525 on the other hand was going through four times!  People might think it strange I only went through once on these meetings considering how often I went through in Atlanta.  However, out here there is a big difference...  COST!!!  To go through the line in Atlanta I could get anything signed so theoretically didn't have to spend anything, here for each cycle it is buy either the regular or limited album, so a whopping 3000 yen a time, or £20 in Sterling!  I am a huge Kikka mark, but with the cost to actually get to Japan I limit my cycles.  Plus I also am not that greedy, having cycled in the past previously I don't want the experiences to feel lessened in any way, so thus, one time is enough! 

Anyway after this I was left alone whilst the others went to find toilets and just stood there waiting when a person comes up to me suddenly and goes, "are you sswishbone?"  I am there, 'yes I am!'  and thus Nao from Hello!Online introduced himself.  Dude is over from Singapore and a fellow fan so we naturally became very talkative.

For those hoping I will rant about H!O now, sorry to disappoint but I believe the horse is not moving!  What I will talk about is how Nao made me feel very envious about previous meetings.  You see, he met Kikka back when she was still in the eggs around 2010.  That made me go like 'wow!'  Not heard of anyone outside Japan who had done that since Gordokaba! 

Like me Nao is here for multiple things including the H!P summer shows so we are intending to catch up at Nakano!  But back to the event when it came to our turn, Nao was first and as in Shibuya, you had to write your name so it was personalised.  And Kikka seemed a bit surprised by Nao's name until he mentioned singapore.  After this it was my turn and I had on my shades so probably looked less cool and more dork but either way she seemed happy to see me again.  I mentioned once more that I was over from the UK and this made her smile,  After she finished signing I picked up the album and she suddenly yelled WAIT!! 

Well I wasn't going to rush off after that was I?  Thinking she was gonna do something like speak english I got ready for something epic, turned out she just wanted to say come see me again in Japanese.  I smiled and advised I would.

So yes, her sweetness still continues to knock me out no matter how often I see her which is awesome.  Nao and I hung around after this talking about experiences with H!P, including me reminiscing about meeting Miyabi from Berryz all the way back in 2009 and Nao having been to multiple tours before the signing ended and we got to say goodbye to Kikka.

After this, both feeling a bit hungry, we decided to try and find somewhere decent but not bank account destoying to eat, walked around Yokohama and it was either Mcdonalds or expensive, we decided to cash out and head back to Shibuya instead but not before I managed to get a shot of the awesome dusk skyline here in Japan.


Lovely isn't it?  I am hopefully gonna have more skyline shots later on, but after this we made it to shibuya and decided to hit that wonderful wota place Saizeria!  had the hamburger set with soup & rice before we both called it a night debating why anyone in the world is blown away by Sayashi Riho in Momusu.  I know she is popular but just never got why since she has an average singing voice and it isn't that appealing in character.  Still, everyone loves who they love, and I have no right telling anyone about that.   Except to worship Kikka-sama!  lol

Well that's pretty much it for this entry, taking it easy today as planning a day trip outside Tokyo tomorrow.  I am wanting to go up the shinjuku metropolitan building later so you may see some videos and photos, until next time *sets sail*.

No comments:

Post a Comment